Console modding install service for Sega Saturn with options for the following.
Sega Saturn Switchless Region Mod Install Service
Using my custom mod-board, the Sega Saturn Switchless Region Mod does two things.
- It will make your console region free so you can enjoy the Saturn’s vast Japanese game library.
- It will allow you to select 60Hz video rate independently of the region setting for full speed, full screen gaming.
The reset button is used to cycle through the regions. Long held press will cycle through the LED colours which will indicate the selected region.
- Setting 1 = Green LED – Europe/PAL – 50Hz
- Setting 2 = Red LED – North America/NTSC – 60Hz
- Setting 3 = Yellow LED – Japan/NTSC – 60Hz
Holding the reset button down for short periods (the time that the LED is switched off) will switch the video refresh rate between 50Hz and 60Hz.
A standard quick press will reset the console.
If you are running your PAL systems in 50Hz, you are really doing the games a great disservice. I consider these switchless mods necessary for PAL consoles.
Sega Saturn FRAM Internal Save Memory Upgrade Install Service
The Sega Saturn’s internal game save memory relies on a battery to keep your game saves secure. This battery can and does die resulting in the loss of your game saves. This is because the Saturn saves to volatile memory called SRAM which requires power at all times.
Replacing this SRAM chip with an FRAM chip will allow the Saturn to save your games for upto 45 years and does not require a battery.
The battery is still required for the Real Time Clock of the system, but the internal game save memory is now safe regardless of battery life.
Sega Saturn Region Free BIOS Install Service